Thread: NGPA fair
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:33 AM
Machtransition
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Default NGPA fair

I thought I'd create a thread for feedback from the job fair this past week. Turnout was high in my opinion, UPS was the longest line. Each pilot seemed to get around 5-8 minutes with a recruiter. I saw a couple business cards being handed out as well.

The conversation was extremely laid back. The recruiter spent the time circling and highlighting different parts of my resume, made a few notes, and asked a few general questions (DUIs, failed checks, when are you available, who else have you applied to, why UPS). We wrapped up with a discussion about our kids which was nice. Overall, I felt very at ease, and like they really were considering me as a pilot and a person for the operation.

The briefing was very much like previously reported. They went over a few hiring numbers (270~ for the rest of the year). The resume stack is closer to 12,000 now. DT really stressed leadership and going above and beyond at your current job. What are you doing to distinguish yourself? Not much else new to report here, it basically mirrored previous posts on what they talk about.

The competition is fierce. I talked with as many hopefuls as I could, and most people had 1-2 internals at minimum, with impressive careers behind them.

I'm glad I ended up attending, it was a great experience. I was reminded of how great it is to get together with a bunch of pilots and just talk shop. Best of luck to everyone!