View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 04:48 AM
urp99
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

I'm committed to a skydiving operation until October of this year,
but after that Alaska is definitely on my list of places to look for work! I took a summer and drove to Alaska a few years ago and just bummed around, fell in love with the place and can't wait to get back!
I'm currently at just under a thousand hours, should have close to 1500 by fall, and have my AP/IA with 25 years of experience in the industry. Any recommendations on places to apply to? Or areas to live? I'm currently thinking the South East or Anchorage, but I'm trying to get as much information as possible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Originally Posted by VanDriver208 View Post
You guys all have the right attitude. Keep going, the hours will keep adding up. When I was low time it could get pretty discouraging feeling like I would never get to my goal. Just remember, aviation is a marathon not a drag race. For those of you who are flexible in where you move for a job, you might try looking at some 135 VFR operators up in Alaska. It was one of the best experiences of my career, and I would recommend it to anyone who's able to go. Just some food for thought. Keep it up guys!