View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by FXDX View Post
Ok, how about another question for the Denver folks.

Saturday afternoon, trip arrives around 1709L, figure I will get to the parking lot of the FedEx ramp about 1730, hopefully a car left for me in the lot.

World Series game at Coors Field at 1800, what are my chances of getting downtown in vicinity of the stadium by game time? Wondering what traffic might be like on a Sat afternoon with the game going on.

Yes I have a ticket, just wondering if I could possibly make it to the stadium in the 30 minutes that the google map says it would take without traffic delays. Any good satelite parking areas on the way with bus service to the stadium?

Thanks again for the info.
Are you arriving at the cargo ramp or via commercial? Getting to Coors field on that time line from the passenger terminal is probably not doable. I live in Denver, and I live by the stadium. It usually takes me about 75-90 minutes to walk off the airplane (pax terminal) to walk in my front door. From the parking lot to my place, no traffic, usually about 35-40 minutes.

The hang up is waiting for the employee bus to land side parking. And if I'm not mistaken, the cargo bus runs only every half hour (from the pax term). This could extend your wait if you miss one.

And yes, you can bank on traffic around the stadium to be a cluster. I was down there for a playoff game, total zoo.

And as far as using F9, I've been commuting on them for 7 years. ALWAYS list on the phone prior. Gate agents seem much happier when you do this, especially when they are busy. Some stations have a time cut-off, if you are not listed and checked in by X minutes prior to go time, too bad. IAH is an example.

As far as avoiding the SSSS goes, just list for round trip.

BTW, how did you get a ticket? The online sales system they used in Denver this week was completely screwed up. I gave up after an hour of being online trying to purchase.