View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by otter1 View Post
For the no voters, what do you hope to gain by voting no? If this fails we get to keep our crappy pay rates, poor LTD, outdated scope, and poor 401K match. Sure we keep transition and middle day reserve drops, but those will go away with TA2 if we get there.

The NC has said the mediator would not push for more money, and the financials presented by the NC's own data show the company can't afford much more, so what do you think will happen? In my view we go nowhere for a long time, and then vote basically on the same TA with a few tweaks, giving up many thousands in the meantime.

Are the rescheduling rules in the new TA so bad you're willing to wait maybe a year or two and maybe not get any improvements anyway?

I know some don't like PBS, but one point made in the road shows by the ALPA lawyers was that of all the legacy carriers that went to PBS, not one has asked to go back to line bidding. Not one. The NC is well aware of everyone's concerns about PBS.

I wish to gain better scope now before it bites us. The TA is honestly much better than what we have now but it’s not good enough to leave alone for a whole negotiating cycle. And while we’re at it healthcare and MMG for new hires from day one. Easy fix.