Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:31 AM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by mdiepenbroek View Post
Hello. I'm thinking of applying at the end of summer and I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1. How easy is it to get a PDX base out of training and when in the application/training process do you get assigned a base?
2. I will most likely meet the 1200 hr captain minimums by the time I apply. If I've had no 135 experience, is it likely that I will get an SIC position first? I think this would be preferable so I could learn the ropes first.
3. If I wanted to start training around September/October-ish, when would be a good time to apply?

Thank you. I appreciate all the help I can get.
Hi, there!

1. It's relatively easy to get PDX. If you look at our careers site, you'll see what's currently open for PDX. Those positions have already been looked over by our current pilots, so it's up for grabs on a first come first serve basis.
2. If you are at 1,200TT, you'll be placed in the BE99 as a Captain. (Of course, this is only as long as your ME, XC, Night, PIC, and Instrument are at our 99 Captain mins, as well.)
3. Your interview is only good for six months, so sometime within that time frame. But I'd say if you are shooting for September, apply at the end of July or the beginning of August.

Also, here's the full list of time mins for our BE99 Captain positions: 1,200 TT, 150 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
Not all of those numbers are hard, so if you can compensate for a spot you are low on, you'll still be able to get a spot.

Hope that helps!