Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:21 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by mdiepenbroek View Post
Hello. I'm thinking of applying at the end of summer and I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1. How easy is it to get a PDX base out of training and when in the application/training process do you get assigned a base?
2. I will most likely meet the 1200 hr captain minimums by the time I apply. If I've had no 135 experience, is it likely that I will get an SIC position first? I think this would be preferable so I could learn the ropes first.
3. If I wanted to start training around September/October-ish, when would be a good time to apply?

Thank you. I appreciate all the help I can get.
Except for the E120 that requires a first officer, the only reason we hire into the right seat is to give a pilot a way to reach part 135 required times for IFR captain. So if you are at or just past 135 numbers (1200TT, 500 CC, 100 night, 75 instrument) you will go straight to the left seat of a BE99. Don't worry about not having flown 135 before. We work with you during training to get you up to speed on 135 requirements. And we have all sorts of folks available (training captains, chief pilots, etc) available 24/7 to answer any questions and keep you safe and on track.