View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:15 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Kebert Xela View Post
I’m a new hire and I honestly don’t fully understand what this means. I’m a commuter; so if I book my commute to get to work and someone senior to me wants to travel D2 for a vacation, they can bump me due to seniority alone?

Again I’m just trying to fully grasp what this means... thanks
No this isn’t what it means at all. It has nothing to do with non rev travel. Currently, an AA pilot can reserve the JS 8 days prior and if it’s open...it’s theirs. The original hybrid proposal was the first few days seniority rules, so a more senior pilot can take the reservation from the jr guy until maybe 3 or 5 days out. Then it would lock in to whoever’s got it, or if still open, would be first come first serve.

That’s assuming they use that original proposal. Which is really the only way a hybrid system could work. If you reverse it, it’d be pointless and just be a pure seniority system. I’ve not met a single pilot, LAA/LUS/AWA/TWA etc, that wants to change the current system.

I’m now at a base that has far more OAL commute options for me, and the threat of this hybrid system was in my decision matrix to choose this base over DFW.