View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 03:30 AM
Al Czervik
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Congratulations to whoever revised the old rumor, for getting everybody fired up for something that not only has not been officially announced, but has actually been verified by a board member to not be true.

Over on the Facebook groups, at least 5-6 threads have popped up about the changes coming to revert the JS system to being seniority based. Among those was a post from somebody who posted his sound off and response, which said that this subject has not been a topic of discussion since 2015.

In the short time I’ve been here, I’ve heard this rumor repeatedly. I’m not sure why it get started recently, but I would guess it has to do with how sensitive everybody has become to proposals, in light of the AIP, LTD, LOS, etc., issues.

Just six months ago the JS committee managed to get a minor modification to the JS system that spelled out the PNR phonetically and converted the D2WA to D2WP if the D2WP cancelled. I talked to a member of the JS committee who told me that even that minor modification cost thousands of man hours. The company doesn’t give two craps about changing the JS system, and if you think they’re just going to completely overhaul it based on APA’s request, you’re dreaming.
I agree that the company will not change the IVR. It cost money and more importantly they know it gets pilots to work. The big point here is the union going in directions the membership doesn’t want and is detrimental to the QOL of the members. TW has stated this is not being pushed or even debated. I think he’s lying.