Old 03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Randal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: A320 capt

Originally Posted by dojetdriver
Look on pprune.com

Somewhere between alot and a sh1tload. Not to mention the time involved to take all the exams. It's not like going down to the FSDO and getting a sign off or something. Then, get to the right to live and work in Europe.

Good luck.
I think i may be able to help here, since i have a ALTP (based on the British exams) the problem is and i`m not going to start with the "who did it to who first bit" but niether europe or the US will accept the others licience, to obtain a jar you would have to take all the writtens(and trust me they are not like the FAA ATP written) plus do the nesessary check rides, and they don`t have a "all in one and one for all time" instument rating, every year you need a seperate IR check. also they don`t allow the F/O near the plane unless he is type rated, all in all its a much harder licience to obtain and therefore a lot more expensive, if you have say 2500 hrs heavy jet time it will cost you about 15, 2 20,000 pounds, the person above who said from scratch a British licience would cost 60, 000 pounds i`d say more like 100,000.