View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
jetlag7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CL650

Originally Posted by correcting View Post
Despite the wording you highlighted in the LOA, this does seem to be a done deal, though I'll be the first to admit there are no guarantees (especially in this business). But, I think it's safe to say it is done based on the fact that neither side wants to throw this to the whims of a mediator/arbitrator. It's best for all parties involved to resolve this internally. A neutral third party will just end up screwing everybody at the end of the day.

Also don't forget about the 85% international flying rule that comes into play in 2013 that makes integration even more likely to be a done deal because it would be impossible to meet that standard without the Gulfstreams on property. It might not even be possible to meet that right now if you include the Gulfstreams in the equation.

It appears you posted the same thing that you or someone else posted on the NJA message board. So don't forget to post some of the responses to the post. Such as...

*The union intends to pursue the single carrier petition as aggressively as before. No backing off because of this LOA unless Mr Santulli follows through on the integration plans spelled out in the LOA.

*At the end of the day, if this whole thing did have to go to the NMB, do you think this LOA helps or hurts our cause?
Sorry Correcting, the only thing I copied on my post was the cut/paste of the LOA -- I'm not the type to snag someone else's ideas. -- Plagiarism ain't my bag Baby!!

If what I posted sounds similar to something someone else said I really can't provide an explanation except that perhaps in a group as large as ours (nearly 3,000 pilots) like-minded people with similar points of view are bound to pop-up. What I posted was the result of my initial reaction to reading the LOA in its entirety. I couldn't understand why everyone was "jumping for joy" and screaming "slam-dunk" when the actual agreement wasn't so open and shut.

Please feel free to offer your own ideas on the comments made by other pilots responding to the post you were referring to.

However, after reading a post by BO this morning.... he pretty much goes on record that the Integration will happen. So there ya' have it, a top Union official stating the inevitable. He went on to make references to "cans of Woop-@$$" -- guess this thing really is a "SLAM DUNK!"