Thread: Real earnings?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:18 AM
flydiamond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

May not match what the OP is looking for but maybe someone else.

First year 900 NYC FO here, *aggressively* chasing credit hours and flying. Since completion of IOE I have averaged 130 pay credits a month through numerous IROPs, diversions, reserve drops/trip pickups, reserve adds, brought off trips...just about everything under the sun (joys of being NYC based). All open time is paid at minimum of 150%...company is very liberal with escalating it to 200%, 8 days of that offered so far this month on my seat. I live in base so it’s not too bad. Only about 60 flying hours a month. Tons and tons of deadheading and home reserve. Only sat ready reserve for 2 hours before getting called.

On top of the 130 hours I have averaged about $500 of Per Diem a month. Additionally, you can expect to make $75 a month (paid quarterly) for us hitting 3/4 of our performance goals. You do the math with 130 hours of pay a month... it’s a lot. Nearing $100k including per diem at second year pay. First year is more difficult to calculate since some of it was at old pay rates, some of it is at minimum guarantee, and you’ve got the hiring and retention bonuses from last year in there, but I’m forecasting about $80k.

Now as far as averages, union has said average credit hours per month is 89. I believe this is weighed down by guys taking mil leave, FMLA, etc. At that rate you could expect $64,300 first year including the hiring and performance bonuses and about $65,000 second year pay. That first year pay requires a bit of hustling to dig yourself out of 75 hour a month training hole...

Last edited by flydiamond; 02-20-2018 at 06:31 AM.