View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by fupm9 View Post
Thanks. Good info. I don't have a 'situation', or any black marks on my record for that matter. I was more referring to simply having the formalized statement 'Not eligible for rehire' on your record when a potential employer calls The Work Number or HR to verify your employment. I'm considering providing less than two weeks notice of my resignation, which would trigger the 'Not eligible'. Your situation sounds hairy. When small employers that aren't disciplined about HR rules communicate, information that isn't entirely legal slips out. I know a guy who sued a 135 for $500k and won because they provided more than the standard info to one of his potential employers.
Wouldn't do it. Some of the best majors are known to cancel CJO's if a not eligible pops up at the previous job. Not sure how far back they look, but it's a common question on applications.

Also as GF said, it's one of the few things that they can legally ask now, so it carries some weight. Most 121-track pilots are eligible for re-hire at every job they've had, so it's going to be a flag.

Since your issue is two-weeks notice, any employer worth working for will allow you to give proper notice before starting. As JB pointed out, it's a can of worms. If you can avoid opening the can, it's a no-brainer.