View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 AM
HeyOneTaco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Inverted

Originally Posted by awise16 View Post
Back when I was in college (2012) for my Aviation Degree, I worked the Desk/Ramp for Colgan Air. I had a week of time off approved for a NIFA National Flight Competition. As it was the end of my graduating semester and I would be leaving Colgan to start my CFI work in another city, I turned in my 2 weeks notice. I was told my the station manager that since my NIFA competition would take place in the last week of that 2 week notice, that he would technically have to recommend me for "do not rehire". Being a brand new Commercial Pilot, I was not about to turn down the 15-20 free flight hours I was going to get going to NIFA Nationals.

Since Colgan/Mesaba/Pinnacle went under and came out of Chapter 11 as Endeavor, do you think this would affect any application I would submit as a FO for Endeavor now? Any ideas how long those records would be kept, or if they were kept at all?

Thanks!
That seems like a very reasonable explanation, and the recruiters I know are pretty level headed about things. I’d apply and if it is brought up to just explain it honestly