Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Wink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
First post but been "creepin" APC since 2006.

Long story short, worked at a few regionals throughout the years but thanks to poor managment, bankruptcies, and furloughs, my flight times are still pretty low for my experience. Typed on the three RJ's, part 135 and 121 experience. I want to get back to the airlines. This time, though, I'd like to make an informed decision on where I go instead of picking the first company that offers me a job.

Which brings me to this:

Which regional should I consider as a good one? I know there really is no such thing as a good regional. Just looking for insight in to
1. Quality of Life/Work Rules

our schedules are not as efficient as other airlines, and as a junior captain I would get used to the idea of 11 days off. Some months you may squeak by an extra day or two when people want the holidays off but I wouldn't count on it. Our most senior lines get 14 days off at the moment, I am optimistic that will improve when negotiations conclude or management decides to make this place more attractive to potential applicants for recruitment purposes

2. Benefits: how good are they where you work?

Our healthcare is top notch, and we are currnetly paying 3 times min day (12 hours total) to pick up overtime. You would get an extra 4 hours if its on a day off. Its not unusual for our pilots to regularly credit 150 hrs a month regularly, especially the FOs that get displaced for OE.

3. Potential flow: yes/no?

we currently flow 5 a month, and that increases as we continue to grow. I estimate flow for a new hire at 5-7 years (wild a** guess)

4. Upgrade: with prior 121 how long, realistically?

As soon as you finish FO training. Rumors of Direct Entry Captain coming soon, but not at the present time

5. Domiciles: Prefer something in Central time zone.

Our only base is PHL. The schedules are easily commutable for the most part.

6. Pay: What is the approx NET income for 1st-3rd yr FO's?

A friend of mine did 80k as a year 1 FO, he spent a few months picking up a lot and the rest enjoying an easy schedule. It would really depend how much OT you want to do, I think the base salary with bonuses for a year 1 FO is 60k. I did 120k as a year 2 CA

Been to END, RAH and XJT in the past.

Preferred options:
1. Envoy
2. Skywest
3. Horizon

and maybe options:
4. Compass
6. Commutair
7. PSA
8. Piedmont
9. Mesa (but everyone in aviation knows their reputation).

1800TT
500tMEL
Current PDT CA, see bold for answers. feel free to pm me any other q's you may have.

Edit: I apologize, i didn't realize you asked for NET pay. That would greatly differ based on your personal circumstances; Figures listed are gross.