View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:56 PM
bamike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by MKUltra View Post
So this career is a second career for me.. my last year in my other career i made about twice what the radiologist is making without stocks and bonus and ownership of the company that we sold on top of that.. the company was a large manufacturing business of 500 employees, valued at 1 billion and I was an executive at 31 years old.

I gave it all up.. I hated my job.. I hated the people.. I hated the 7 days 24 hours 365.. I hated being on the phone with China at midnight.. Germany at 4am.. my plant briefings at 8 am... I slept in my office about 5 nights a week.. had a 5000 square foot house abs I probably only spent 30 nights in my bed between being here, China and Germany... I had an extremely expensive scotch habit...

Ive been in the airlines 3 years now... I love it.. I made 120k last year as a captain.. started a side gig 3 years ago and supplemented my airline salary by 50k and work on my time in the hotels when i get around to it.

Next year ill flow to mainline.. no one calls me... no one makes me work when i don't want too.. airline pilot is the best and easiest job I've ever had. I'd rather eat nails than go back to An office job.

I basically feel like this career is my retirement now and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Working in a huge corporation I can understand what you’re talking about, especially the endless meetings and conference calls. How old were you when you made the switch? Walking away from a job that makes 800k or more a year to make 120k is a huge hit, even if it is a retirement for you. How did you make that work?