View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:46 AM
Paladin145
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default Make sure you are good with glass and AP

I may be stating the obvious, but make sure you are instructing in a G1000, or something glass, with a Flight director. Also, use automation as much as you can . Flying ILS on autopilot, etc. This can be the toughest part of the transition. I saw a new hire that had only steam gauge experience in a fighter, 15 years ago. They were sent home after 5 sim sessions. My biggest issue...trust the flight director ! If you are ALWAYS on it, it works great. If you wander a bit, some FD's can lag. Depends on the FD, but trust it, and stay glued to it. Life will be much easier.

Originally Posted by awise16 View Post
I appreciate your detail here. I know I need to be somewhat recent, and this is why I’ve decided to get my MEI/25 multi plus start taking students again to help prep for the interviews and training. The 25 multi hours will be no problem obtaining and I should have shortly.

I just wanted to apply early enough that these hirings don’t start to settle down on me while I’m trying to get current. Im just trying to find that happy middle between applying quickly and being current enough to be proficient in regional training.