Old 02-23-2018, 06:17 AM
Battlinbear21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Slice and Rick just broke it down as vanilla as it gets. 1700 hours is not competitive at a major airline even If you have 4 type ratings. Doubtful even a LCC will call you back until you gain some more exp.
But, it sounds like aviation is your passion and you’re driven to be successful in the aviation industry. And now it’s looking like a very fruitful career. You have the option to live any place you and your wife decide. (Exception, Sweet Grass Montana or similar of course.) And there will be probably be a regional airline w base there.
With the exception of only a handful of carriers the upgrade time to be in the command seat is <12 months if you have the requirements. Good news is most of the regionals are handing gobs of cash to new hires. If I was starting I would probably go to one of the 3 airlines w a flow through. They have the fastest upgrade times and you have the mainline job in your bag in 10 years. This will give you the ability to pad your stats-by taking a position in the TrainingDept/Recruiting/Saftey Dept’s. wholly owns of American Airlines have a large turn over rate so these positions outside the cockpit on the line are opening often.
It would benefit you greatly to go to a mainline job fair. This way they know who you are and when you update your app and resume every month they will see you’re working diligently to reach your end game goal. We all know how to fly airplanes. You need to do all you can to “one up” the competition for these highly competitive positions at a major airline. I can Only provide accurate details for one airline in the US and if you want information just DM me and I’ll give you what I know And contact info to HR. Good Luck and happy hunting!