Thread: Frontier Negotiations Discussion

CantStayAway , 02-23-2018 08:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2016
Quote: So let me get this straight. The arbitration award for LOA67 where our company was found to be negotiating in bad faith has ZERO bearing on our mediation with the NMB? And the arbitration award for pay, benefits, and scope from another airline(s) (that has no association with our company) has a HEAVY bearing on the opinions of the NMB? I asked the first question because you chose to include an Alaska-Virgin arbitration award, but not our own arbitration award.

Not sure how outside arbitration awards have any place inside the mediation process with the NMB, UNLESS that arbitration award directly names both parties that are in mediation.
It's about the mindset of the NMB. Don't be fooled into thinking they're not pro-company. They definitely are. LOA 67 has little teeth. Let that be a lesson to all Frontier pilots when reading whatever TA we eventually get. Grey language like "upward pay adjustments" as opposed to x% or $xx.xx has to be a deal breaker.

I'm not saying nothing will come of LOA 67. We'll likely all get a check as a result of the final deal, but the mindset of the NMB is pro-company. It's been that way for years. Though we'd like to think that somehow the NMB favors Frontier pilots more than other pilot groups, it's not true.