View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 04:46 AM
emersonbiguns
P/T Gear Slinger

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by RPAeyes View Post
I was a little surprised by the hiring centers answer when I inquiried about the next training date. The reply given to me was “it depends if we can fill another class”
Just last summer the situation was pretty dire. People that had waited years to be hired were waiting even longer for a FLETC class. They were being pushed each time they filled a class and then one or two candidates would throw their hands up, give up on the wait and AMO would have to cancel the class again.

This wouldn't have been a problem 15-20 years ago, prior to the hostile takeover, when it was done more intelligently. New hires were given generic federal LE training in two different curriculums CEBS and then CITP. Graduates came out with all the requirements to do many things within the US Customs Service. AMO decided to build their own training, has done a pretty disappointing job, can't fill classes and has many an instructor at FLETC teaching stuff they've never done.

But, look at the bright side, after you're done at FLETC you get to go to mandatory Spanish training. That way you'll be able to order tacos at the local roach coach in Spainglish.