View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Tbpilot06
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: CL30 Captain

Originally Posted by JollyF15 View Post
Word on the Street, the team of LAWYERS in charge of hiring have been interviewing 20% of the people with PEs, and 80% with ZERO PEs. The last class of new hires had only one guy with a PE. So that 20% could be optomistic.

Here's a novel concept, Let's interview the "Most Qualified" candidates. Let's put Pilots back in charge of picking winners and losers. Let's have the lawyers do lawyer sh-t, and the pilots do pilot sh-t.

Scratch that, that's all those guys with PE's from guys who knew them in a previous life. They are the guys you would actually want to fly with and be stuck with on a 10 trip around the world. More importantly, those are the guys you want in your cockpit when Sh-t hits the fan.

PS - "Guys" is a Gender Neutral Term, I'd hate to offend anyone
So just curious do you feel Pilots are only qualified if someone internally recommends them? I agree it should be given consideration but there are plenty of us who may be very well qualified but don’t know anyone within the company. I’m also in favor of pilots picking who interviews as well as even in our corporate department HR is clueless about who makes a good pilot /teammate.