Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 AM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Biggbird View Post
Are there currently training contracts for new hires at AMF? I heard from a recruiter that there were no contracts (outside of the time builder positions for pilots with 500-800 hrs.) but I've also heard that the new pilot employee guide that came out this winter includes some wording about "training commitments" for all pilots. That sounds like a financial obligation to me, aka- training contracts. Was the recruiter incorrect or did something change in the last few months?
I'll try to clear this up!

We have training contracts for one position. The Accelerated Captain Program First Officers (ACP FOs).
The reason we have training contracts for them is because we don't actually need that position (FOs in our BE99s). We are helping those pilots out by giving them a position where they can earn hours quicker, so we have a training contract that requires them to fly with us for a certain amount of flight hours. If they leave early, they have to pay back money depending on how many hours they haven't accumulated with us.

Hope that makes sense!