View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:49 PM
flysnoopy76
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Work2much View Post
So far as I know we aren't losing planes so we're not shrinking. Cutting routes and then redeploying those planes on different routes is what's happening. Now, we have no scope so that's REALLY messed up and that's a serious threat. However, we're not shrinking...still hiring actually. Sooo there's that.
Also, no other major is in the middle of a merger so maybe that's why we have a different financial situation that anyone else. Remember that after the 1st quarter and going into the 3rd-4th we will be very profitable. Soooo there's that too.
I know you think the sky is falling ALL the time and I"m not sure how you sleep with all of that stress. I guess I don't care. Anyway...it's an interesting time to be at Alaska...lots of new changes and it's uneasy for sure. But it's not doom and gloom like some would have you believe.
Agreed no announcement of a loss of airplanes...yet. A glance at flights later this year on the virgin side reflect that routes currently served by the 319 are all 320. Looking further I couldn’t find any 319 flights on the schedule beyond the summer, being fair I didn’t look at every day but still. Could be they are being painted then but I think a higher likelyhood is that they will be gone. So a 10 airplane reduction there, could contribute to the recent cancellation of airbus classes.