View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:24 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
I’d add, if you review a accident reports of non-professionally flown light jets, the theme is poor risk assessments. The mechanical “flying” parts, take-off, landing, flying approaches in decent weather, can be learned easily enough. Things go south when the pilot is trying to operate at night, or in bad weather, with work or passenger demands begin an unhealthy bending of risk-reward ratio. Airmanship, the ability to say, “this is too much”; to be honest about ability to meet the situation is the hard to teach and harder to learn. There’s also a record of depending on technology to deal with situations where the pilot is in over their head believing this mach8ne can do it for me.

A friend is the pro pilot who has flown with his owner/pilot for a number of years. They went from a light twin, thru a King Air to a super mid-size jet. Even now, my friend has to say, “wtf” every once in awhile to a request. Recently, the owner hired a second pilot.

GF
This should be part of entry-level flight training now days, but the OP should pay careful attention and apply the principles scrupulously.