View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:13 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
As to your question, that is incorrect. Money will be made if neither show up; more money will be made if the pilot DOESN'T show up because the CEO ensured that the airline is properly staffed with reserves to cover pilot absences.

Stop with the self-aggrandizement. Thinking that pilots are more important than CEOs is utterly laughable. All employees including CEOs are just widgets but CEOs are more valuable to an airline than pilots.

In light of other threads on this forum, this entire detour into how important pilots think they are is hysterical. When an EVP threatens to take away a pilot's travel privileges if they don't help clean the aircraft after nonreving, that should give you an idea of just how important pilots really are. Pilots are much smaller widgets than they like to think.
Does a hospital run without doctors? I’m not saying pilots are more important because that can be argued endlessly in so many directions, but I will say that CEOs are nothing special vs. their high cost. There is no empirical proof that CEOs are worth the price you pay for them. You simply don’t know if a 21-year-old college dropout wouldn’t be a better choice. In fact, accomplished history proves otherwise. You can’t make the case that a CEO needs any education, skills, or experience because there have been many successful ones that have had neither starting out. A good CEO will overcome his limitations my personal drive and determination. On the other hand, you can’t make a pilot overnight. In order to produce a pilot that is acceptable to this level of operation, that’s at least 10 to 20 years of education and experience. You can argue all you want but these are facts.