View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 06:29 AM
fosters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by cloudkicker1981
i got hired with colgan in june 05 adn i know that i should probably stay but you do get treated really $hitty.
Congratulations! You have now reached the point of understanding that being a pilot, and getting paid to do it, is a J-O-B, nothing more, nothing less. If more people realized this before taking that job with a "quick upgrade" we would be better off. I realized it when I was CFI'ing, and as such came to a good company (if I had any more brain cells I would've gone to a freight company).

No offense, but didn't a 12 month upgrade tell you *something* about the company? I mean, c'mon, with every other regional looking at 2.5 years PLUS for an upgrade (prop regionals mind you, like commutair, mesaba, eagle, etc.) and Colgan's at 12 months, didn't that tell you enough about the company?

You've made your bed, now sleep in it until your 12 month contract is up (June of '06 looks like). Leaving a crappy paying regional and forking out the $$ for a training contract is rediculous unless you're going someplace to make $60k+ a year.

My guess is by then you'll be *pretty* close to upgrade or at least have an idea if it'll be around the corner or not. And you won't owe anything...