View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:37 AM
FlyJay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by flydiamond View Post
It’s definitely flipped. I believe the last three classes have been mixed and at least half of new hires are going to the 200. In monday’s class only 4 new hires were awarded 900.

200 is currently very understaffed as compared to the 900. Seems crew planning underestimated all the current pilots who would leave the 200 for the 900 with the growth of the 900 and shrinkage of the 200. Those 2 1/2 months that were exclusively 900 initial classes came back to bite us (and with not as many new hires being put on the 900 today I predict the 900 might be short staffed 3 months down the road...). I believe several 200 to 900 transition classes were delayed as a result of the shortage.

With that said, new hires seem to understand that the best choice for ATL is the 200 at this moment in time so it hasn’t gone as junior versus the 900 as you would expect. Unless the last four of your ssn starts with 0, 1, 2, Or 3 I think you should be able to get what you want as far as 900 or 200. Of course all of this is subject to change and company needs come first. Things can and do change between job offer and you starting class.
Thanks for the great info. Keeping in mind that things change daily and the backlog of 2->9 transitions, would it be reasonable to expect the split 200/900 classes to continue throughout the month of March? The insider info is greatly appreciated!