View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:43 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Stinger6 View Post
I mean who am I...?
But I got an unsolicited text from the broker just today about the stock being a terrific investment. "Critically undervalued due to over-exaggerated and extremely short sighted fears... ...with a track record of high growth (it) is currently experiencing growing pains, but will emerge stronger...The current valuation leaves a lot of room for profit, with very little downside risk."

I'm in Corporate America returning to Part 121 flying after a long absence...the broker is successfully guiding Fortune 100 companies. Alaska will be fine.

Let the anonymous internet flaming begin.
Pilots may have different interests than managers. We are in it for the long haul, due to the seniority system.

Managers need to at least pay lip service to the long haul, but at heart they may have a shorter focal length.

At AS in the short/mid term, hypothetically, managers might be able to hunker down, not grow much, stay in the black, keep their jobs and bonuses. They might get crushed by vastly larger competitors in the long run (senior managers tend to be older, probably not planning on working for another 20-30 years). Bird in the hand.

Or they could go out on a leveraged limb, try to grow rapidly, acquire, merge, etc. Might be successful, or it might cost them their jobs sooner rather than later. Bird in the bush.

Reality? Probably in between.