View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Vincent Chase
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: I got into this business so I wouldn't have to work.

Originally Posted by Max Glide View Post
Proven by who?
I got turned by a very strange interviewing crew the first time through the SSP. I got hired by a very strange interviewing crew six month later through the SSP. I was not happy with the first refusal; I did not even study for the second attempt. It's a strange process for hiring pilots. They told me first time that I didn't pass the written/aptitude test. Unless you show me the actual results of my test, you're 'lying'! Delta never shows the results of an 'objective' test. Strangely, six months later I was the guy they really wanted (a guy who didn't really care and didn't really prepare) 'through proven screening and interview process'. . In my best belief, I did better in my first written/aptitude test than my second.
Best pilots? Huh...ask the captain on a recent flight from MSP to LGA for an ILS approach to 22 at LGA with circle to land 13, how his ass was saved by a brand new Delta F/O, former 9E, who told him not to turn left - a turn he initiated already - but, to turn right. A 21 year pilot at Delta...oh yes, a Navy guy who spent 2 hours and 3 minutes telling me his exploits in the Navy.
Proven by who?

Dude! If you've been here more than a year and can be my captain, I want to fly with you. Especially if I can have a 30 hr layover to hear your wisdom.

/SARC