View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Paladin145
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default No sore spot but know the training.

To clarify, I have first hand knowledge of the training.
I am still there, but don't want to see new people mess up their PRIA.

Many examples from classmates, line pilots, etc., and FO's who have made lateral moves to other regionals. Most people put in a ton of effort. Others should not be allowed in the training department.

LCA / instructor examples."

LCA to sim student in brief " Do you not care about our flows, or are you just stupid. ? " Other training partner intervenes to stick up for her training partner. Is not given additional sims, and let go. Coincidence?

Instructor in sim, to student. " Your moving the yoke to much !" Instructor says, "your doing this." Grabs yoke, starts shaking it. Sim shakes so much it almost goes off motion. Student starts rethinking his airline choice.

Definitely some weeding out needs to be done in the training department to make it the place you believe.

Originally Posted by BFMthisA10 View Post
Aaaahhhh, ok. Didn’t mean to touch a sore spot there.

I was busy for a few days, so slow to respond.

Listen, i get where you’re coming from and I do not mean to minimize your experience. But there’s a better outlook and healthier ways to move forward.
Everyone I’ve dealt with here is putting in an honest day’s work trying to help us succeed: bottom line. To include continual evaluation of trends, techniques, materials, and the costs and returns within each segment of training. No-one is asleep at the switch, pushing an outdated sink-or-swim curriculum. As I said, if someone is alert to the stated expectations and ready to learn on day one, this is a fairly straightforward course.

You’re cherry picking anonymous anecdotes from the internet ether
and spinning tales to fit a preconceived narrative, and it doesn’t reflect the reality on the ground. It’s also inequitable to folks that are putting in the effort, regardless whether you agree with a tough decision that affected you personally.