View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:35 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by November Seven View Post
Csy Mon, thanks! Just trying to avoid the one that will screw you. Or, at least mitigate my exposure to as few of them as humanly possible along the way. There are no guarantees in life, but I can at least try to get it right the first time.

Let me try to give one (1) relevant example of why I made this thread. Let's say that we both agree to start flight training on Monday morning next week.

Let's assume we've already done the first ground lesson. Question: What's going to be my very first in-flight training lesson from you? What concept during that very first flight do you want to convey to me as your student? What's the very first thing you want me to know, do and experience in the cockpit?

Thanks.
Probably OK to get into the weeds while interviewing a CFI. But if you get too analytical on a regular basis, the CFI will find it annoying, and it will likely interfere with the relationship and your training.

You don't want to be the student the CFI complains about after he belly's up to the bar at the end of the day and orders a triple.

If you pick an experienced CFI carefully, he'll have the right road-map in mind (and should share that with you). He'll also have an intuitive knack for making adjustments as needed.