View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 12:23 PM
11Fan
Working Class Dog

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Spares Pusher
Default Jungle's Final Flight

It is with great sadness that I bring the news of our dear friend Jungle’s passing. Captain George Freeman, III was one of our more creative and captivating writers, sharing his experiences, an occasional laugh, and through some spectacular photography, glimpses into his everyday life in his office at FL350. Captain Freeman’s final battle was with that demon that requires massive doses of chemotherapy. He fought it long and hard, and while there were times of promise, the strain was eventually just too much.

He died with his boots on.

Captain Freeman was a patriot and he loved his country, his family, and his passion for flying was his life. As both an MD-11 and 747 Captain for UPS, he spent the better part of his career flying by night in and out of Anchorage. He was able to share many of those memories with us on our photo section. And while the pictures he posted are no longer visible here on the board, for those of us who witnessed them all those years ago, they will never be lost from our mind’s eye. According to his Father, who brought me this sad news today, he enjoyed the time here on Airline Pilot Central and spoke of it often. He shall be missed.

I will be forwarding any condolences or thoughts you wish to share with his Father.

Godspeed Captain Freeman.