View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:55 AM
MGMTiswatchingU
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by CozyDriver View Post
Endeavor is just not going to happen...the pay there attracts people way more experienced than me. Piedmont commute would not work - only one flight a day to base from home, and not even on company metal. Air Wis and Envoy also limited flights to bases (and both of those airlines have their own PotatoChip-type APC advice givers as well, quick with the wave-off). Mountain Air Cargo has no base near me, and no commuting option. I did get an offer flying Caravans for an Ameriflight sub, which has a base that is ALMOST tolerable to drive to, but it is so full of old timers I'd be driving to much further airports as worked their equivalent of reserve ("floater" - reserve where you show at your base and then DRIVE to an outstation to fly a plane somewhere. I draw the tolerable line at sitting around at airports - racking up road miles is beyond that line) for an indistinct amount of years. So I passed on that. But for a turbine job, that meets all the parameters (including "no relocation" and "they hired me"), it's CommutAir. I really wanted Republic and the extra $9/hr plus paid uniforms, but it didn't work out. I can put up with anything for a couple years while I network for that holy grail of a JB job. That said - I will absolutely interview with Envoy if they call, no harm in having multiple offers to choose from.

How long does the current C5 contract extend to?

Welcome to CommutAir bud . Build your 121 hrs and move on. Every regional is a stepping stone unless you plan on being a lifer.