View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:27 AM
JollyF15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Yea But

Originally Posted by HoursHore View Post
I agree with what you are saying, but the above examples were all hired under the old who you know, meet and greet system.
Some of those are previous examples (preferential bidding a current concern -- some folks have been brain washed to think it's a good thing). Don't you think we could hire clowns like that again??

Answer me this:

- What prevents the future puppet lady from entering our ranks without a single person vouching or offering a negative recommendation? We need to step in protect our pilot group from being invaded by these clowns. That's hard to do with a "Keep out, enter with appointment only" sign on our pilot recruitment door. Doesn't it chap you a little knowing that those arrogant HR lawyers really don't want our input?

- What about the current bias in favor of unknowns without any recommendations?

- What about us passing on Rock Stars in favor of pilots just above the cut line?

- How unbiased have our HR (lawyers) really been? Is it just some over reach to prevent an EOC law suit due to paranoia in the PC world we currently live in?

You can say that was then (% of clowns on property) and this is now, but history has a way of repeating itself. You don't think we've hired some slam clicking, melba toast, overly sensitive pilots in the past 3 years? I'd say take off your purple sun glasses if you believe that.