View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 10:28 AM
November Seven
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
These statements are concerning to me.
You’ve already been told you’re too focused on the details.
When someone tells me not to worry too much about the details.... I get very concerned as to why. That's exactly where the Devil likes to hide out. In the details. Down in the weeds.

I only told half the story. I said I'm getting prepared for a VLJ. What I did not say was that I'm also getting prepared for either an H135 or an H145 as well. Both will sleep at night in the same hanger. I've got a lot of work to do and a whole lot to learn. Both are high performance aircraft. Fixed wing and rotor. I'm finally able to fulfill some dreams and make them a daily reality. If that's too over the top for you, I understand. I get it.

Let's just conclude that you have your opinion. I've already explained what I'm trying to accomplish, what my starting point will be and why the details matter to me from the outset.

In the meantime, beyond the naysayers, I've got to get myself prepared (efficiently and optimally) for the next 20-25 years of flying aircraft that most private pilots won't be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to fly. That's just the bottom line. I have to do that without the heavy background as a Pilot starting out.

I don't merely have ratings to worry about here. I also have capital outlay to be concerned with as well. That changes how you think about what you are doing and how you go about doing it. I can't just wander into this without a clear plan and I won't have a "flight department" managing things for me.

Adequate Hanger Facilities
Maintenance Schedules
Unscheduled Repairs
Aircraft Security
Asset Management
Accounts Receivable
Legal Entity Structuring

Those are things I have to content with in addition to Flight Planning and Flying. I had to do the homework on those things first, just to figure out whether or not being an 'Owner' is worth the hassle (and it is something of a hassle in some areas).

You cannot do this correctly without being forward thinking and that means figuring out what the details look like at every step. For me, owning is going to be exactly like running a Business and you don't do that without getting deep into the details, first.

Thanks for your opinion! That's what I came for.