Old 10-29-2007, 04:05 AM
2cylinderdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by fdx727pilot View Post
Management pilots include LCAs and SCAs. In Aug, there were several pairings disputed, all because they operated a "three leg days imbedded in the pairing that starts at 1240L in OAK and ends up in EWR at 0428L." (Quote right out of Aug SIG notes.) If you look at pairing 197 on 7 Aug, gee, what do we find. The operating crew DHs from OAK to EWR and the notation at the bottom of the pairing "flt standards crew to operate oak-msp-ord-ewr." Since O did not say he or a management pilot would fly every instance of every DP, it sounds like he is indeed making an effort to investigate the DPs.

Also, if you read the e-mail, which I previously quoted, he did not say his ACPs are currently flying DPs but in the near future would be flying them. Those are the words it sounds like you made up.
I am sorry but LCA's and SCA's are NOT management, most Check Airman would also balk at the insinuation ! They are however "pseudo MGT" when they are conducting duties on behalf of the FAA. The ones that think they are MGT are the one's to watch out for.

I personally only think 'O' is using this technique of MGT flying DP's because they have to fly some anyway and this way they may not have to bump trips.

Just my 2 cents, but I have "zero" confidence in his word until I see it on the jet flying a DP, and not a 1 day trip.