Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Kansaspilot92
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

The Home-Based schedule is 14/7/14/14. There would likely be times when you would have to travel to a base on a Sunday. I'm not sure if you count that as work or not. You wouldn't be operating an aircraft, you would just be on a commercial aircraft headed to a base for work the next day. We could guarantee that you do not have to operate an aircraft (fly one of our routes) on a Sunday - that's easy enough.

As far as "just travel to the position and stay on base" for Omaha, I'm not sure that would work. You would need a place to stay at night. But if you have a crash pad there, that would be good.

If you came in with the required 1900 hours, but were low on Turbine, it would just depend on how much you had and how much you were over in other categories. Ex. If you had tons of ME, you could be low on Turbine. Also, if it's an issue, we could put you in the 99 for a few months.

Once you move to DFW in the coming years, it would be easier for you. You could just take a normal route based out of DFW and come to work Monday-Friday.

Hope that helps!

That’s perfect, I think we are going to do DFW anyway. I am expecting to have greater than 500hours ME as I will be the primary multi instructor after my checkride, but 0 turbine time, which is the problem for going straight to the 1900.

I really appreciate the help!