View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 08:06 AM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Whiskey4 View Post
Well...yeah. That’s part of the equation when taking a DEC position at any airline in the world. It just seems odd posting warnings about something that is inherently built into the position these folks are accepting. Are you worried that they might think their seniority progression will be rapid for the first couple of years??

The folks I know considering this are stagnating at their current shop (I even know pilots at corporate/fractionals that many here might like to work for seriously considering this deal since they have been there 10+ years and won’t hold captain for awhile due to the lack of mandatory retirement). They are unhappy at their current carrier (I know an Endeavor guy considering the Envoy DEC position).

These people generally aren’t stupid, or have no idea what they are getting in to. It makes sense for them and their family to make this change. Whether it’s money, flow, left seat, whatever...
Read the OP. He said he’s getting these from a company handout for direct entry captains. If the people you know think this handout is BS, then great. But I took this thread as a discussion to answer his questions. Not everyone that comes to this forum understands the dynamics of how many pilots we’ve hired the last two years and what that means.