SkyHigh
Self Employed.
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2005
  • Position
    Corporate Pilot
Compensation
Quote: I'd sacrifice some money for a job I enjoy.

Skyhigh just doesn't get this concept.

I am not saying that all pilots get acceptable pay but who the heck would WANT to work at a post office? Not only that, you will FOR SURE never make over 100K at the post office. With flying, over 100K is a possibility even if you work at certain regionals. I would think even Skyhigh would realize this....after all, I can't imagine Skyhigh thinks 56K is good money. Dude! You might have to bring your own lunch to the post office....how HUMILIATING would that be? (Skyhigh thinks pilots bringing their own food to work is "humiliating"...I wonder how he would feel driving the $1000 beater I just got rid of....Oh the humanity!) LOL!
The humiliation that pilots endure goes beyond wages. Most people would not accept being gone for half of their lives for any amount of pay. They also would not sacrifice living in a place of their own choosing for a job.

I do not think that 56K is a good living but it doesn't take a four year education and expensive training to get it either. What people at the post office get is fair compensation for a difficult job.

Pilots will lay out a fortune and then place their lives upon the alter of aviation in order to stay in the seat. They are right in there with artists, musicians and writers. A few might make it big but most will languish in poverty. It is not a real job for real people with real lives.

Skyhigh