View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Jedimaster
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by mcm114 View Post
Hello all. I just got hired for the jet and had some questions about being based in SEA. I'm a military rotor transition guy, so I won't start ATP/CTP until July most likely.

I'm vaguely familiar with that area, having been stationed in Alaska off and on for 7 years and always travelling through. I know about some of the places to avoid, but I don't think I know enough about the area to pick a good place to live.

I thought I should stay within about 1.5 hours driving distance, if possible. Pretty expensive real estate you got there however.

Anyone out there using the Bremerton/Southworth ferries to reliably commute from there? I like the Gig harbor/Port Orchard area, but I might be underestimating that commute time.

Is there something else that I should be considering? Very open to suggestions at this point.

Thanks
Mike
You might also consider going South, Olympia, Tumwater, even a little further. RE still not overly affordable, but definitely more economical. Ft Lewis/McChord traffic can be brutal, however.