View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 05:08 PM
CaptCoolHand
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by queue View Post
Did you follow the ENTIRE policy?? Did you go talk to the chief pilot (per the FOM)? They will be glad to explain how it doesn't protect you in any way.

Practically speaking, they won't do anything to you if you don't have a lot of red on your schedule. However, if you screw anything up, all of a sudden the dependability policy is an instant shoe that will always fit. Anecdotal personal experiences are not legal stances. Pilots need to learn to react to what is written, not what is said. They will fire you, suspend you, or whatever based on what is written because they do everything using legal standards. It's that simple.
Having been here 10yrs and having just about every scheduling issue imaginable happen. I’m gonna day you’re wrong. I get it. I appreciate where you’re coming from. But that’s not how it works. Those that have been punished under the DP fully deserve what they get and probably more. Most of the time those abusing the DP are not hurting the company, they’re F’ing over their fellow pilots.