View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:56 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Arado 234 View Post
There's more than one way to safely operate an aircraft. It does get annoying when one group thinks that their procedures are better or superior than others. Even Gann wrote about this attitude in "Fate is the Hunter". And he was AA.
**WHO** is saying that our way is better or superior? I hear that a whole bunch from you guys. And not one person can prove it. In fact when we first got the Airbuses, LAA were the ones that adopted the LUS way to operate it since you guys had way more experience with it. As it should be.

Ernie Gann, really?? You’re quoting from a book talking about the 1940s. News flash, Every airline pilot group was like that back then. Things have changed just a little since then. Yes, even we have.

Look, LAA is far from perfect and Lord knows we do some stuff different (just like ever other airline), but our procedures work and are safe. Otherise, you’d be reading about us in the news a lot more.

When we adopted some LUS things in the past, did you ever see me complaining about it here? No matter how silly I thought it was.... my attitude has always been, “they must have a dang good reason for doing it that way.”

Your life will vastly improve if you adopt that attitude. Trust me.