Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Snaplock
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Not only that, but if they take the 717 out of LAX (or if they close any category for that matter) then your freeze is gone and you can go anywhere you can hold, with no freeze as well, even if there is no opening. Plus a paid move.

That's as close to a "golden ticket" as there is. So fear not bidding it because it might be closed at some point.
Can someone explain all of this in more detail? Every time I look in the PWA I just end up going around in circles and never am able to find the exact answer I'm looking for.

Specifically, I'm looking for all the details, and a reference for how displacements work. I found some stuff in the PWA but it doesn't answer all of the questions that I have.

What are all of the options that the people being displaced have? I'm thinking about those in the MSP 88 category here. This was explained a little above but I'm wondering if those in a category that is closing can just "bump" anyone out of any category at any base that they are senior to?

What about those who are junior and who are at the bottom of a category? Will they be getting displaced all over the place with what is coming? Looking for opinions here. I've been wondering about this for a while with the 88 being retired in the next few years.

Thanks!