View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Baradium
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I'd say my resume is very strong. 20 year retired from Marine Corps (not a pilot), short but honorable service as a Police Officer, Bachelor's in Aviation; Magna Cum Laude. Current CFI/CFII. I think the best advice I have seen is to avoid locking in to one now so that is what I am going to do, but still research and explore over the next few months. As I get more hours I can see what option is best for me at the time.

It's a blessing that we have this luxury, with right now being a pilots market.
As long as you can spin in how you've always wanted to be a pilot and all of that was leading to this career as what you really wanted, I expect you won't have to wait for a guaranteed interview at a major once you get some time at the regional level.

I wouldn't even have GoJet on the options list though. On top of everything else, right or wrong, they have a stigma. Even if only 1 out of every 10 pilots (maybe much less) knows and cares about their history, all it takes is one.

I also suggest going somewhere you can be comfortable for a while if your stay is longer than you anticipated due to unforeseen events.

I'll also add that AA's nonrev system is a free for all. That may work to your advantage sometimes, but Delta's is more consistent and EDV has better nonrev priority than anyone other than mainline.