Thread: Part 61.157(f)
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:00 AM
pacificapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default Part 61.157(f)

(f)Proficiency and competency checks conducted under part 121, part 135, or subpart K of part 91.

(1) Successful completion of any of the following checks satisfies the flight proficiency requirements of this section for the issuance of an airline transport pilot certificate and/or the appropriate aircraft rating:

(i) A proficiency check under § 121.441 of this chapter.

(ii) Both a competency check under § 135.293(a)(2) and § 135.293(b) of this chapter and pilot-in-command instrument proficiency check under § 135.297 of this chapter.

(iii) Both a competency check under § 91.1065 of this chapter and a pilot-in-command instrument proficiency check under § 91.1069 of this chapter.

(2) The checks specified in paragraph (f)(1) of this section must be conducted by one of the following:

(i) An FAA Aviation Safety Inspector.

(ii) An Aircrew Program Designee who is authorized to perform proficiency and/or competency checks for the air carrier whose approved training program has been satisfactorily completed by the pilot applicant.

(iii) A Training Center Evaluator with appropriate certification authority who is also authorized to perform the portions of the competency and/or proficiency checks required by paragraph (f)(1) of this section for the air carrier whose approved training program has been satisfactorily completed by the pilot applicant.

Could somebody explain this reg in simpler words. Would this mean that by having a 293 or 297 check I would not have to take the practical test? Or that I would not need a sign off from a CFI?