View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 AM
Dburg30
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Mathpilot View Post
Dburg30...What about the IFA position in the Navajo/pa31...is that something that most discovery pilots get to do? They sent me the PA31 check list recently so I guess it’s part of the job?

Anyway..thanks for the big help you’ve given me!
Some people only do Discovery flights until they reach 500 hours and then they are eligible for the Cherokee Six on the 135 side if they are chosen. The PA31 checklist is supposed to be part of an entire package that they send you with everything (Discovery, Cherokke Six, Navajo Checklist) but you will find out that you don’t have everything you’re supposed to have and you will get a lot of other stuff if/when you come here. They provide the checklist because there are people here with multi that are sometimes chosen to fly the Navajo if they are here enough and meet the time requirements. They ask you for your numbers to see if you meet their requirements but they barely remember what you gave them until you get here and have to show them again. As far as IFA is concerned, it’s not actually a position that is required. You’re only scheduled for an IFA if one of the Navajo Captains is flying cross country to Guam/Rota and the weather is marginal. Most of the time it’s only the guys that have multi time that are asked, and it’s good to ride in the Navajo for familiarization plus you get to go to the other islands on a passenger/cargo run.