Thread: Preferring pilots with less experience?

Baradium , 03-12-2018 05:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Baradium
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2006
  • Position
    737 FO
Quote: When I got hired at Delta most of folks in the class had a masters degree and some extracurricular flying i.e. Line Check Airmen, Evaluator Pilot, etc... Delta values that kind of stuff more than just hours.
They value volunteer work in the community as well. It's not a requirement, but it helps. They really like the community outreach stuff.

I'll also add that I was told to really be precise with your application. Print out the application using the available option and make sure every box has something entered, whether it be an n/a for text or a 0 for flight time. It took me a long time to figure out how to get to one of the boxes that showed up when printing as I wasn't under the heading I thought it would be. If you abbreviate a street address with Road in it as Rd. at one point, make sure all addresses abbreviate the same way as well. If you spelled it out the same applies, if you didn't use a period at the end too. Make everything completely as consistent as possible. This will at least make a difference when you do the actual interview but if a live person is scoring it then it will make a difference there as well.

For the interview itself, something else I did was I found some clip on tabs (like paperclips with write on tabs attached to them) and tabbed every major event in my logbook. Checkrides, changing companies etc.