View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 09:44 AM
akfr8r
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by crazycoconut View Post
That might work for NAC because they don't fly much. But at Aloha what are you going to do at 0300 when running 3 lines and a plane breaks? Call ANC and tell them to fly the spare down so they can finish the line?
I don’t know where you get the idea that the ANC birds are any less utilized than the HNL fleet. They fly around the clock too. If they’re true to form, they’ll just give all the freight to the competition. Everts built their ANC base on flying that NAC gave away. They’re chartering two Lynden flights today.

I’m not really sure why we’re arguing over minor details, though. When the list is integrated, any consolidation is bad for both groups. It won’t be a win for HNL guys if ANC loses lift or vice versa. We’re negotiating for a joint CBA. We can’t afford to view ourselves as separate groups any longer, and despite what you may have heard, very few among our group actually have anything against the HNL group. I personally look forward to flying with you guys and gals, and I think you’ll like flying with our group too.