View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM
crazycoconut
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by akfr8r View Post
I don’t know where you get the idea that the ANC birds are any less utilized than the HNL fleet. They fly around the clock too. If they’re true to form, they’ll just give all the freight to the competition. Everts built their ANC base on flying that NAC gave away. They’re chartering two Lynden flights today.

I’m not really sure why we’re arguing over minor details, though. When the list is integrated, any consolidation is bad for both groups. It won’t be a win for HNL guys if ANC loses lift or vice versa. We’re negotiating for a joint CBA. We can’t afford to view ourselves as separate groups any longer, and despite what you may have heard, very few among our group actually have anything against the HNL group. I personally look forward to flying with you guys and gals, and I think you’ll like flying with our group too.
I don't work at AQ so don't have a dog in the fight but I have a few friends that do.
I agree it doesn't serve you well to act as separate groups, but from what my friends say, that is exactly what some of your group is doing. Like trying to staple all the Aloha guys to the bottom of a new list. Not exactly the "lets work together attitude". and no arbitrator has ever agreed to a merge like that. or guys in ANC saying stuff about the AQ guys in 767 training when they were up there instead of welcoming them.