View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:58 AM
PT6flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by jules11 View Post
Then how do they know when we've blocked out but haven't pushed after 27 mins of waiting for a clearance at BF3? They said they measure this latency.
I'm not sure if you guys are still running yourself in circles about this but they'll do it exactly how Delta does it. That's all that's being talked about. We're changing everything over to Delta metrics is all.

Ever wonder why the ramp crew runs away as soon as you close the door and the airplane rocks? Because they know you got the time started. In mainline-land, that plane is moving backwards in two minutes or else there's an internal delay code. That is the latency that keeps getting tossed around. I know a memo came out explaining some of this, maybe Tom explained it our class or something only, but i thought the company made pretty clear a year ago what this was about.

You still get paid like you always do, in exchange the 117 limits get a little breather.

Some of you think the company is reinventing the wheel here. It's the same push for long before i got here in '16, just make everything like delta.