Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 06:31 AM
Rcordeiro122592
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Received an offer today! May 29th class. I'm real close to PIC mins and would probably FO for 2-3 months just to build my XC time up. I'm still weighing options and have some other offers too. Could someone please give me a rundown comparison between Cape Air, Tradewind, Boutique, PlaneSense, and Exec Airshare?
I can only speak about Cape,

I would say that the biggest difference between all of those companies you listed is that Cape is run like a regional airline not a 135. You will fly ALOT! FO's get around 100 hours a month. Once you upgrade to ATP captain youll be on a 4 on 3 off schedule or 4 on 3 off 3 on 4 off. All of your captain time counts towards your 121 upgrade time. If you do just 1 year as a captain then head to a regional you will upgrade within a few months, not 18-24 like many regionals are advertising. Also pay as a first year captain averages around $79K once you factor in all the overtime, bonuses, and incentive pay. The current 402s are old, no question there, they all have 430s and all have an autopilot, most have the Stec 55x. But come December/January of this year we are taking delivery of the new Tecnams which all have the G1000nxi and a GFC 700 autopilot.